Jun 5, 2011

I may be a cookie, a breath of fresh air...and a fantabulous quote from Goodfellas.


Ok my loves...please forgive the language...but in all fairness...well, it's only fair.  

"Now the guy's got Paulie as a partner. Any problems, he goes to Paulie. Trouble with the bill? He can go to Paulie. Trouble with the cops, deliveries, Tommy, he can call Paulie. But now the guy's gotta come up with Paulie's money every week no matter what. Business bad? Fuck you, pay me. Oh, you had a fire? Fuck you, pay me. Place got hit by lightning huh? Fuck you, pay me."

Henry Hill, Goodfellas (1990)


         Running a business does, in fact, require having a "tough as nails" hold on society...  To a degree...   While my goal in life isn't to be called "Dragon Lady" " Ice-Queen" or flat out "bitch and a half",  I do believe that at this time, I've earned the right to be called "a tough cookie".   Cookies are sweet, they are comforting, they come in many different flavors...and yes, at times, they do crumble...but I've decided that I'll no longer be "Soft-Baked".   So with regards to the above, I'll never again post it...I'll never again repeat it...and I'll NEVER again be in a place where I have the need to declare myself as the boss.   I just am.   ;)   

      "Silent power graces her face.
      An air of compassion is left in her wake.
      A sassy disposition keeps things real not fake...
     Was she a dream or were you awake?"


A few days ago, I got a text from a friend...then quickly another...both photographs...   Well, this is odd...   I've gotten pictures of people's pets, cars, new hair styles...blah blah blah...but she texted two photo's of herself...one with a belt and one without...
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!   I'M BEING ASKED TO HELP STYLE HER FOR LUNCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This may seem to be ridiculously superficial... to me though, it was more than a breath of fresh air.   It was a wake up call.   Of course I can help you!    This is what I do.  
    
     " Melli Style Tip"
     1) You can always remove something...a belt, a scarf, accessories of any kind...However (unless you are in fact a Harry Potter character) the odds of "Acchio X" bringing to you that bracelet, sweater, or hat you left at home, are highly unlikely.   NOT impossible...as nothing ever is.  ;)   To be safe rather than sorry...wear it, bring it, or have it stowed away with easy access just in case... 

No comments: