Jun 2, 2011

Struggles of Spring//Adoration of Angela//Joy for Jen//Tickled Pink by PAULEY PERRETTE!!!

                I know this sounds crazy, but I am NOT a fan of the spring time.   Here's why.   We bounce our cheerful selves into early summer...we then softly flit about into later summer...then  gracefully fall into autumn...and as the leaves gracefully fall from tree branches, we can settle ourselves into the "dead" of winter...in more hushed tones, with more dark than light, and the world seems to spin much less rapidly.   All of this is " a process"...the natural progression of the circle of life........   Then...BOOM!!!!   It's SPRING!   Wake it on up people we are back in business, back in motion...AWARDS season...FLOWERS blooming...SCHOOL is almost out...SUMMER plans are being made...ACCEPTANCE letters begin to arrive...and HELLO we go from dead to alive over frigging night! So, not a fan of the Spring...   Although all things are beautiful, we are all living breathing beings, animals, plants, the earth...etc etc etc...it's all very beautiful I know this...but wow it's just that BOOM into spring that frankly, bounces the springs right outta my steps!   Now I MUST say VERY clearly, a lot of my family have their birthdays in the spring, and for them, I'll always celebrate.  :)  
               THAT all being said, I have to tell you about this past spring.  
               After selling anything I could to get myself to a very promising awards show in December, I came home excited with  opportunities that presented themselves.   I was still unsteady on my feet ( due to a VERY bad car accident earlier in the year)... and very concerned with the completion of the piece's themselves, but still being myself, I was confident.   (Since then I've re-done every single design I had...trust me, it was a need not a want.)   I met some GOOD people, friends and "talent".   I had faith in the people that were supposedly looking out for me...however I was just too naive to realize that I was in a sense, being played...Like a guitar.   Strummed until my strings broke.   By SO many people...both before, during and after that event.   As excitement crept into frustration, I became increasingly aware none of these "things" would pan out.  I was  insanely disappointed...and became actually depressed...I don't get depressed.   I have bad days...as do we all, but depression isn't me.   I'm Melli...I bounce.  

                 Throughout this time, a dear friend (Jen), had introduced me to her dear friend ( Angela).   These two girls are dear people, and both have a special place in my heart...for so so so many reasons.   Anyway, one of them mentioned she had a friend that might be able to put a Melli on TV.   Um...pardon me???   WHAT???!!!!!!!   " I can't be certain, but it MIGHT (maybe maybe maybe) be doable."   Um...WHAT???!!!!!!   So I sent a piece to my friend in South Carolina...who then sent it back here to her friend in Los Angeles.   And it just so happened, that my favorite character on TV, is the one they'd given it too.   Well Holy smoke stacks this is so awesome!   At one point, Angela went to visit the set, and when she posted pictures on Facebook, I noticed she herself, was wearing a piece she'd bought from me!!!   On set!!!   How cool!!!   So then, she and Jen got a little ...well...odd!   Hemming and hawing about the where-abouts of the piece I'd sent...and then one day I got a photograph...
Pauley Perrette as  "Abigail Sciuto" on NCIS.
My FAVORITE show on TV... and my favorite character wearing the piece.   My design...my first ever Melli on TV...BUT there's more...not only did she wear it on the show...she wore it on the TWO-PART season finale!   Holy smoke stacks!!!   So, she's got it on in two episodes.   AND obviously I paid for the materials...but do you know what people charge to get stuff like this done?   MY HEAVENS you'd be shocked!   It's ridiculous...but hey you make money where you can right?   WRONG, neither Angela, Jen, Pauley, or the studio charged me one single cent.   This was done for me out of the goodness of somebody else's heart.   
                  I've been in such a rotten mood...and this year has been one of MANY BIG changes...but I wanted to take the proper time to explain my struggle with the spring...so that I could properly express my sheer EXCITEMENT and APPRECIATION to Angela, Jen, and Miss Pauley P as well...for really, doing something that wasn't a big deal for them...but ended up making my pain go away.    They surprised me as to when it would be on...and seriously...I was doing cartwheels across my den...SERIOUSLY...I was.   :)   THANK YOU to three very special, very generous, and very good people.   



No comments: